Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Master Bedroom Reveal


Ever since we painted our room the same color as the rest of the house, I have been wanting to change it. Actually, I never wanted to paint it the same as the rest of the house, but we couldn't agree on the right blue and we had too many other projects, so our room got stuck with the same paint as everything else. Now, finally 3 years later, I found my blue (in my friend's family room) and took 2 days ignoring the kids (well, the did help a little) to repaint it.

Since, I painted, I noticed, I never finished all my before and after posts from our house. I got busy and stopped blogging for a while, but it also seems that nothing is completely finished. It's hard to post an incomplete after. I've decided I'm just going to show you what I have and I'll just list what I want to finish.
Let's start with the master bedroom. I'm going to put before pictures matched up with after pictures of the same shot, it will be easier to see the transformation that way. This first one is from just inside the door looking towards the balcony.


We painted (twice!), changed out the window coverings top and bottom, new doors, new trim and floor. We had originally painted our room the same color as the rest of the house, but I couldn't stand that color in our room. It was so drab. We still need to add trim to the upper windows, but they are much better without the bunched up pull down shades. We needed black out so we could sleep at night and this is what we came up with.


Looking out at the balcony. We still want to redo that.


This picture is standing near the doors and looking the other way.


I wish I had a picture of the old space age looking white and gold sconce. 


Another before. Looking at the bed and one of the closets. I know, it's a little blurry. You can still see the white old walls, gold edge on the old closet door and no trim.


We changed the closet doors, added trim, painted the walls and ceilings, and added knock down texture to the ceiling.


Here is just a picture of the wall color before I painted the blue. It has a completely different feel. I just didn't like it at all.



Here is the bathroom and the other closets before.


Much different! I don't have a good picture of the mirror before, but it was one mirror all the way across with one light fixture. You can see in the mirrors that I still don't have closet doors. We changed out the cabinet, new counter top and back splash, added 2 light fixtures, 1 for each mirror and new medicine cabinets. Also, Mr. C got a plug on his side also.





There you have it! Master bedroom before and after. It's fun to look at these pictures and see what it used to look like. Since I just painted it and replaced the window coverings this month, it got me motivated to do the before and after. The Master Shower reveal is here at another blog post.

Here is my to do list for the master bedroom still:
  • Decor on the walls
  • Trim on the upper windows
  • Closet doors for the closets by the bathroom
  • Black out roller shade for the sliders and just sheer white curtains (remove the blue black out curtains).
There might be a thing or two not on the list that I am just so used to that I don't notice. Maybe in another 3 years it will be done. 

Kristen


No comments:

Post a Comment