Friday, August 14, 2015

Sprucing up some chairs

I had these old chairs around my pool. They were functional, but not very pretty. So, I decided to spruce them up a bit. 


I had to wash them off and since it is almost 100 degrees out, I didn't have to do much work on drying them. I did have to knock off some chipped paint also.



L and I primered the chairs and little table first.



Since I love pops of color and we have a pool with turquoise water, I decided to go with "seaside" for the chairs. If you want the color for yourself, you can click the color name or click here.



I love how they turned out. Nice and bright and clean!


 

The old chairs blended in so much that I forgot I had 4! I just noticed the other 2 in my yard this morning and quickly painted one more. I need to go get more primer for the other one.



I left the table white for a little contrast. (Again, you can click the color for the exact paint) They also have it at any home improvement store in the white. In the end, I ended up using painting 3 chairs and a table, I used 3 cans of primer, 1 can of white, and 3 cans of seaside. I have some seaside and white left over.



I have 4 other metal chairs that are bigger and rock. I am thinking a different color for those. Maybe a rusty red to tie in the pavers on the patio outside the pool. Feel free to let me know what you think for a good color to add!

No comments:

Post a Comment